About Me

A couple of years ago, I found my autistic child locked in a small cold cement cell at his school. The cell had no windows, no furniture, and was slate gray with low lighting. The cell was also sound proofed so parents and teachers outside wouldn’t hear him crying. I am writing this blog as a campaign to change the way these children are perceived and treated in our society.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dark Room Fate

This is a poem my son wrote about being in school.


Dark Room Fate

As I sit in this dark room, I realize who’s betrayed me.  My friends, you look surprised, would you like me to say it again, my friends! But don’t fear, I forgive you as the others.  But it is because of you that I weep, sleep, and eat here.  Looking, searching trying to find the light.  It is because of your greed, lust for power, abandonment of friendship that I, your closest friend, has to freeze in this cold dark room.  So don’t mock me by standing there.  I know you know, as with all the others, I see that look, that sense of regret.  Don’t bother, the fates have chosen my fate. 
Playing life, like a string ready to be cut in half, my fate has been sealed.  So I say good bye, and as I sit in this dark lonely room, I take my final gasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment